Thursday, April 14, 2016

She's Back.

As you can see from the title of this post, I'm back! Not that I really went anywhere, but it's been over two years since I posted here last (WOW) and I believe now would be an appropriate time to resurface considering some current events in my life.

To sum up since you've last heard from me: after graduating from the University of Rhode Island, I interned as a Prevention and Communications Intern. It was an absolutely incredible experience. I loved everyone I worked with and learned SO much. I am forever grateful to those women and that organization for providing me with the opportunity to launch my career there. I left my job there due to the fact I was moving! I moved to Florida where I worked for another amazing non-profit organization, where I was the Coordinator of Volunteer Programs. I conducted leadership and volunteerism programs with middle and high school aged youth and loved every minute of it. However, my heart has always been set on dating abuse and sexual assault prevention education and ladies and gentlemen, I've made it. I have very recently accepted the role of a Prevention Educator at a non-profit and could not be more thrilled. Accepting this role has henceforth brought me back to my beloved blog that I started back in 2011.

So there you have it. Now, enough about me. I am going to do my very very best to post here more regularly with interesting articles and news about dating violence and sexual assault.

I am feeling the fire more than ever and I can't wait to get back into my blogging!

Happy almost Friday, everyone! And happy Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month :)

Do your part and stop the hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment